Learn how to make the most of your iPad and iPhone
If you own an iPhone or an iPad, take advantage of my experience with all things Apple and raise your knowledge, skill and enjoyment of these devices to the next level with this free course. You will also learn about products such as the Apple watch and how you can use this device to improve your safety.
I’ve been using and enjoying Apple products for many years now and I will admit to being a bit of an Apple boy, but only because I’ve found the products work so well for me. Apple is one of those brands you either love or hate and I’m definitely in the former camp of happy users and you will be too once we go through this course.
This course is focussed on the latest Apple software; IOS 13. Not all Apple devices are supported by this new operating system. See below to see if your device is supported.
Please Note: Unsupported devices are listed below. Also, please watch the video (2 paragraphs below) if you are not sure which model you have?
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- All iPod touch models except the 2019 model
- The original iPad Air
- iPad Mini 2 and 3”
If you have any of the devices above, the course may be difficult to follow along with as features will be missing or moved. Please view the video below to determine which device you have.
This video will show you how to identify your device model
Venue details, date and time
The course will initially be held only for members of U3A in the Nambucca Valley. If you’re not a member, you can join on open day.
- Limited to the first fifteen members.
- Starting on the 7th of February at 9:30 am to 11:30 every Friday of February.
- At the Senior Citizens Centre, Macksville. (Next door to the Library) at 41 Princess St, Macksville, NSW, 2447
- Tea and Coffee supplied.
Library Address Shown Below
The Senior Citizen Center, Macksville. (Next door to the Library) at 41 Princess St, Macksville, NSW, 2447
Prior to starting the course
- You will need an iPad or an iPhone that is running the latest operating system IOS 13.
- Please bring a charger with you and ensure your device is fully charged before the course begins to avoid missing parts of the lesson.
- It would be great if you could sign into your Apple ID before the course begins.
- If you have trouble doing this, please contact me prior to the course start date and I’ll see if I can help you (free to all registered attendees prior to the course)
- If you’re not sure what an Apple ID is, please watch the video below.
- If you have any updates to do, please do those prior to the course. See the video below if you’re not sure how to do it.
- If you have questions, please bring those with you and I will answer as many as I can.
This video will show you how to check you are logged into your McLoud account and explain how to update your software (Operating System)
You can enrol on the U3A’s website by clicking this link. You can also enrol on the U3A Open Day on Wednesday 29th of January, at Nambucca Community and Arts Centre (NCAC) from 10:00am to 12:00noon.
What would you like to learn?
If you can let me know in the comments box at the end of this page what you are hoping to learn in this course, I will try to fit your questions into the course lessons.